Wednesday 2 December 2009

Issue with O2's 3G network and the Palm Pre

I have experienced a new(ish) problem with my Palm Pre. It only seems to occur when the Pre has registered with O2's 3G network. The reception for the 3G network in Belfast is flaky to say the least and the problems I am seeing manifest themselves as follows:-

1) Inability to send SMS'. I get the following error message (which is a GSM timeout code I believe).

'Message failed to:XXXXXXXXXXX Could not send your message due to network error. Try again. (code:31)'

2) Inability to receive calls - all incoming calls are diverted straight to voicemail.

3) Inability to make calls - nothing but 'dead air' is heard on the Pre.

The issue is currently being actively discussed on two forums. It has been mentioned on the Palm Pre forum (by yours truly) but no other posters have replied.

PreCentral Forum

O2 Forum

Palm Forum

No comments: